Brit Floyd - The Pink Floyd Tribute Show - The World's Greatest Pink Floyd Show
Brit Floyd - The Pink Floyd Tribute Show - Discovery Tour 2014
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Merry Christmas to you all

Merry Christmas to you all 5 years 6 months ago #1533

• Vogon
  • Thank you received: 14
Well, that was a good year for Floyd music fans!

Albums re-released, A Roger Waters Wall tour and a new branding of a Floyd Tribute band.

January 22nd was almost ignored by mayself. Why should I go and see a new incarnation of Aussie Floyd, when I knew what the year before sounded like with the Aussies?

I did read up on the split as much as possible and looked at the videos of the APFS in the US from previous years. I recognised Damian, Ian and of course the girls, so unless a lot of wizardry was done on the YouTube videos I was pretty confident that the Brits were going to be fine. Well I did go, and chanced taking 7 mates from work to their first 'Floydish gig'. Everyone was amazed including myself.

The following months allowed me to encourage other collegues and mates to come along to subsequent gigs around the country.

Sheffield, Nottingham, Leicester, Liverpool and the big one, the London 02. The gigs got better as the year went on.

After the O2, when mentioning that this would be the last Brit Floyd gig for me til 2012, I was told that Europe is only a hop and a skip away... and so an invasion party was arranged for the Melkweg in Amsterdam.
That was a brilliant weekend, culminating in a teriific intimate gig. I think that all of the folk we met, and others that I got to know a little better from previous meetings liked the city and the experience. It was nice to gather so many 'like minded' folk from the home country in a remote location.

End of the Floyd year ? Not quite. The Liverpool launch gig for the 2012 tour was anounced, and so another tank of fuel was mortgaged.
That was a different experience, due to the regular gig goers expecting this years running order yet other tracks emering from the PA. Some tracks we had not heared for a while, and there was an airing of See Emily play too.

Some of us drank a little wine till about 1:30 after the show had ended, and then the 'Official Alochol testing group' hit our hotel until 3:30 to finalize our testing and evaluation.

Cheers to all of the great folk I met this year, some via the Forum (Brilliant Nick) and some in person. I appreciate the freindships and experiences shared at all of these venues. I just about have a handle on what folk like as a tipple now - Good luck to everyone for the future.

Merry Xmas, Happy new Year - Shine on :lol:
Vogon
Dentrassi Hate Vogon's
Hagra biscuit! The greatest! You'll love these guys!

"A verbal contract is not worth the paper it's written on."
Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Vogon. Reason: Extra waffle
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Merry Christmas to you all 5 years 6 months ago #1534

I never would have thought that when 2011 kicked in, I would have had the opportunities I did with seeing Brit Floyd given geographic challenges. I made it for the launch show in January in Liverpool and returned to the UK four months later for Gateshead. Along the way, I met some brilliant folks from this forum and exchanged a number of PMs with others. I appreciate and enjoy the camaraderie and family-like ambience this band and its forum members offer one another.

I look forward to seeing the band play in North America in 2012 and the possiblilty of going over to the UK to see them as well. The new year holds even greater opportunities for the band as it plays in cities for the first time under the Brit Floyd name. The band's true dedication, talent and devoted fan base will take them to unprecedented heights.

From Los Angeles, where it promises to be warm enough to wear sandals on Christmas day, I wish the band and all forum members a Merry Christmas and a 2012 rich in all that makes each of you happy.

Re: Merry Christmas to you all 5 years 6 months ago #1536

• Nick
  • Thank you received: 53
And a merry one from me too. It's been a very good year for Brit Floyd, thanks to everyone that has supported the forum and our facebook page.
I don't know why, but there it is.

Re: Merry Christmas to you all 5 years 6 months ago #1538

I hope that each and every one of you have a very Merry Christmas! North America is looking forward to an awesome New Year, now that Brit Floyd have some concrete plans to expand their tour across the pond. I'll be there! Enjoy the holidays, everyone! :cheer:
Thought I'd something more to say...