Brit Floyd - The Pink Floyd Tribute Show - Discovery Tour 2014
Brit Floyd - The Pink Floyd Tribute Show - The World's Greatest Pink Floyd Show
Brit Floyd - The Pink Floyd Tribute Show - Discovery Tour 2014
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: show ratings/parents guide

show ratings/parents guide 5 years 8 months ago #1574

Hi there,
Just wondering if anyone who has seen the show can give a recommendation for what age group this show is appropriate for. My husband wants to go as a family. Our youngest will be 9. Last year we went to see Roger Waters live, and thankfully did not have our children with us. I know that "appropriate" is subjective, so it might be more helpful to describe content verses simply giving your opinion.

Thanks in advance.
Last Edit: 5 years 8 months ago by melindaandscott.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: show ratings/parents guide 5 years 8 months ago #1575

• GIJOE
  • Thank you received: 2
I have seen many kids at these shows, mostly because the parents introduced the music to thier kids as my father did me a few years ago, however if they don't know the music and are too young they may tend to be bored believe it or not. I think most floyd fans tend to be 16 and up. The only thing at any concert that you may not want your kids around is mary jane but other than that Disney probobly has more cleavege than Damian!

Joelle
Animals of Sagittarius

Re: show ratings/parents guide 5 years 8 months ago #1576

Thanks for your reply. Our kids love music--good music too--good music. I worry more about video content. To be specific, the Waters show had a 5 minute "dancing girls" video playing on a huge screen behind the band--so blatant and imposing.

Re: show ratings/parents guide 5 years 8 months ago #1577

• bk1
  • Thank you received: 2
Hello Melinda and Scott,

I would say definitely bring the whole family. I've seen many kids at that age if not younger at the shows in the past. My niece has been going since she was 5. The show and video content is aimed for audiences of all ages. I think there currently is 1 or 2 very quick subjective clips used in the video for "Money", but they happen so quick ( 1 - 2 second shots ), that if you blink you'll easily miss them. Other than that nothing comes to mind.

The only thing I would suggest for very young children is to bring some ear plugs just in case, but some venues may also supply you with a pair if you request them.

All the best and have a great time at the show!

Re: show ratings/parents guide 5 years 8 months ago #1578

Thank you. Cheers!

Re: show ratings/parents guide 5 years 8 months ago #1579

I'm sure you are aware that the song "Money" contains the B.S. word, which may be inappropriate for some children, and that the song "Pigs (Three Different Ones)" contains the F-word. Both of these are popular for Brit Floyd and are, of course, performed faithfully. On occasion, the band has been known to perform "Not Now John", as well, which contains a number of F-words.

Other than that and, of course, the volume of a live performance, I would say the show is acceptable for children. As for video content, you can most definitely take bk1 at his word, as he is Bryan Kopulski, the actual creator of all the fantastic animation for Brit Floyd.

Take the kids and enjoy the show! And, please, post back here to tell us all about the experience!
Thought I'd something more to say...