Brit Floyd - The Pink Floyd Tribute Show - Discovery Tour 2014
Brit Floyd - The Pink Floyd Tribute Show - The World's Greatest Pink Floyd Show
Brit Floyd - The Pink Floyd Tribute Show - Discovery Tour 2014
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Dublin O2 2012

Dublin O2 2012 5 years 2 months ago #1900

Just in from a super night of Floyd music at the O2 Dublin....Started at 8.00pm sharp and finished about 10.55 with 20 minute break.Bit late to do a full review now but will have a go later suffice to say I'm envious of all of you that have tickets for their upcoming shows.
Top quality performances all around especiallt Damian though he looked different sitting down through the whole gig...seems he broke a foot in last couple of weeks so can't stand and is renaming the tour The Broken Foot in the Door .....tempted to head to Belfast for the show there later tonight

Kevin
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Dublin O2 2012 5 years 2 months ago #1901

• petesy
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks Kevin, sounds brilliant as usual. Can't wait for Belfast tonight.

Re: Dublin O2 2012 5 years 2 months ago #1902

As promised 24 hours ago here'e a more detailed review of the Dublin Show on Friday night. Apart from the surprise of seeing Damian hobble out on a crutch and sitting on what looked like a bar stool for the duration of the show I did notice a couple of changes in personnel from last year...We had Rob Stringer rather than Rick Benbow on keyboards and there were 4 female backing vocalists Ola, Emily, Jacquie and a new face introduced by Damian as Rose O'Donnell or was it O'Connell? (is she Irish?). No Amy....whilst talking of the females as ever one of the highlights of the show was the mesmerising rendition of Great Gig by Ola....pure class and fully justified the standing ovation..Their collective harmonies and singing was faultless throughout.. The only new song I hadn't seen performed by one of the Floyd tribute shows over the last few years was See Emily Play which was great with Rob nailing the intricate keyboard melodies. Apart from this most of the songs were tried and trusted favourites and performed superbly with great sound and lighting and of course the inflatable pig during PIGS. PIGS was another of the highlights with Damians brilliant guitar work and Ian's great vocals. Ian also excelled voacally with Fletcher Memorial Home. Echoes was again sublimly performed in full and this time the guitar work of Bobby stood out....All in all a great nights entertainment. Don't want to go down the road of direct comparisons with the Aussies but just to say my wife who attended both gigs this year with me said she found Britfloyd's sound much clearer and sharper and the vocals of Ian,Damian etc much better. Who am I to argue ? The only fault we both found was the overuse of dry ice or whatever it is to give the misty effects. During the first part of the show it was like peering through a dense fog even though we were only about 20 yards back from centre stage. The backdrop visuals and indeed the band were virtually blotted out for large parts of the first half. It seemed to improve in the second part so maybe Gareth or whoever was in charge of this sussed it out and fixed it for the second half ....
Kevin