Brit Floyd - The Pink Floyd Tribute Show - Discovery Tour 2014
Brit Floyd - The Pink Floyd Tribute Show - The World's Greatest Pink Floyd Show
Brit Floyd - The Pink Floyd Tribute Show - Discovery Tour 2014
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The official petition to have "Echoes" in 2015

The official petition to have "Echoes" in 2015 2 years 6 months ago #4157

I'm a new fan of Brit Floyd: I've only seen them twice now but they sound great and thanks to them I can relive the Pink Floyd experience! I know that the set list is predetermined for each new tour so I'd like to start right off the bat to petition to reinstate ECHOES in to the line up for 2015. I've seen Brit Floyd's live version of Echoes from 2011 on You tube and it was SPECTACULAR. PLEASE let me die a happy man and at least see Echoes performed live once in my life! :D Is there anyone out there who feels the way I do????
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HUGE fan, John Hyatt

The official petition to have "Echoes" in 2015 2 years 6 months ago #4158

• FATOLDSON
  • Thank you received: 3
I have been lucky enough to see the band perform Echoes and was blown away by how fantastic it was. So yes please for 2015.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HUGE fan, charade_you_are, John Hyatt

The official petition to have "Echoes" in 2015 2 years 6 months ago #4159

• Proph
  • Life is the bit in between
  • Thank you received: 83
For anyone not familiar with earlier live Pink Floyd versions of Echoes, try these fixes from 1971 and 1974 respectively. The sound quality for 1971 is compromised at source, not just YouTube, but is still of a listenable standard. 1974 is at least 128 kbps, possibly better (128 is typical DAB radio output for rock and pop).

1971 is from the Paris Cinema / BBC archives and 1974 is from The Dark Side Of The Moon tour. The latter has the famous / infamous sax solo. Enjoy :) .

"If the bastards get you down, take them with you".
Last Edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Proph. Reason: clarity of bit rate
The following user(s) said Thank You: charade_you_are

The official petition to have "Echoes" in 2015 2 years 6 months ago #4160

FATOLDSON - indeed you are lucky to have seen it already. I missed my chance when David Gilmour did his On An Island tour in 2006. He did not come to Michigan for whatever reason. Later did I find out he played Echoes on that tour. :( I did see the video from Gdansk however and it blew me away. I was impressed when I heard Brit do it as well. I suppose as a new fan I should not get greedy but I hope they do play it again soon.
Proph - That is a very good old version of Echoes (BBC) Thanks for posting the links. Hopefully the Band checks out the forums and takes requests. ;)
Cheers!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Proph

The official petition to have "Echoes" in 2015 2 years 6 months ago #4161

• Joe_D
  • Thank you received: 23
My introduction to Brit Floyd happened when a friend sent me a YouTube link to part 2 of the 2011 concert back in 2012. The first thing I heard was Echoes and I was instantly hooked.I have been fortunate to see Brit Floyd 5 times in the last 2 years and my only regret has been not hearing them perform Echoes live.

I've played guitar and keyboards in various bands over the last 48 years, but stopped playing keyboards back around 2000 or 2001. Listening and watching Rick Benbow play Echoes renewed my interest in keyboards. I broke my dinosaurs (Alesis QS8, Technics KN800 & Juno 1) out of storage and started playing again. Thanks to Rick for renewing my interest in keyboards.

Echoes is a hell of a song for a band to commit to. It is technically challenging, and eats up a large part of a set, but I would love to hear Brit Floyd play that over any PF piece they do. Playing Echoes definetly has an up vote from me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HUGE fan, charade_you_are, John Hyatt

The official petition to have "Echoes" in 2015 2 years 6 months ago #4163

• gege41
  • Thank you received: 11
I had the chance to see BRIT FLOYD Echoes play in 2012 and it is true that this performance is superb. Echoes was already on the 2011 tour I think (DVD)
I think it's good to submit titles to the group for 2015 tour, but do not put pressure; Echoes is a long way, so its integration or not is a crucial choice on a program that BRIT FLOYD wants new every year, and they were able to concoct many good sets lists so far.
I think you have to trust BRIT FLOYD, they have good ideas and will pleasantly surprise us in 2015, especially as it will be a great tour. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: HUGE fan