Brit Floyd - The Pink Floyd Tribute Show - Discovery Tour 2014
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Brit Floyd 2.0 BETTER THAN EVER

Brit Floyd 2.0 BETTER THAN EVER 2 years 1 month ago #4910

• Proph
  • Life is the bit in between
  • Thank you received: 83
Mirko, I am usually very careful to avoid inflaming threads but sometimes it is right to make a point.

Firstly, your use of an alternative language to try and avoid others understanding what you are saying is a poor reflection on you. For those who would like to know, the following is a google translation of what you directed to Edo (it may not be entirely accurate):

"Edo , excuse me for saying so but I expected at least that you did live and that Charissi the situation , instead of allowing publicly pilloried , I hope in the next day to read something that puts an end to this ridiculous question , which to me is also unnecessary given I know perfectly well be right ."

As for your statements about the forum and indeed Bobby's abilities, you are simply bang out of order. There is one glaring flaw in your argument. If you are correct about Bobby's sounds, that would mean both the Aussies and Brit Floyd didn't notice for 7 years. As I am certain you are aware, Damian Darlington is the musical director and, from what I have read and heard about him, there is zero possibility that any "problems" of the nature described by you would have been allowed to go unchecked.

No one else thinks for one moment there was any issue with Bobby's sounds and it is quite obvious you are being deliberately provocative. In internet land, I believe the term is "troll". The apparent expectation that a band member will post on the forum to support you (or any other poster) is very revealing indeed.

If you are indeed sick of this forum, it is not compulsory for you to either read it or post on it.

One last point. No one has made any detrimental comment about Edo. It is clear he is a very good guitarist. So is Bobby.

I sincerely hope Nick (forum moderator) locks this thread.
"If the bastards get you down, take them with you".
Last Edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Proph. Reason: language reference
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: The Anderson Council, In the Airport Business, dchubirk, Pete Griggs

Brit Floyd 2.0 BETTER THAN EVER 2 years 1 month ago #4911

• Karlsfeld
  • Thank you received: 1
What is this guy trying to do ? Why compare You Tube performances from un matched quality sources to make a point that is totally un true.
This is all just inappropriate and designed to cause mischief. It's deliberately antagonistic and designed to cause bad feeling.
Mirkos comments are ill informed, idiotic and inflammatory. I find it hard to believe this isn't someone writing under a false name to cause discomfort. I totally agree with the previous post from Prof.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Proph

Brit Floyd 2.0 BETTER THAN EVER 2 years 1 month ago #4912

• snappnekk
  • Thank you received: 52
Proph,

You said what we are all thinking:

I feel locking this thread punishes us and not the one with the obvious bias view.... may I suggest that everyone just ignore him....

Aren't there any site rules that forbid attacking any member or former member of the band?
Remember A Day

Brit Floyd 2.0 BETTER THAN EVER 2 years 1 month ago #4915

• Bobby
  • Thank you received: 18
Mirko,

I know I said I wouldn’t post here again, but your message was like a red rag to a bull, so congratulations, you got the reaction you wanted. You’re right. I’m wrong. I’m just a big liar. Is that what you wanted to hear?

How can you so arrogantly insist that I am somehow lying? What other point would I be trying to prove posting here, apart from providing facts about handing over my guitar sounds? It’s not like I was kicked out of the band and now I’m bitter.

I have no interest in “trying to use my ears”, as you so patronisingly put it. Nor do I intend to watch any poorly shot YouTube videos. Especially those filmed on somebody’s phone at Red Rocks, from 70 rows back! I’m sorry if you wasted your time copying and pasting links.

I don’t care if you’re somebody writing under a false name as others have suspected. It may well be a case that you’re somebody close to the band, but I have no intention of playing detective, because I have better things to do, such as preparing for my new job.

Incidentally, I was hired for my new gig because I have such bad ears and am a terrible guitar player. I was only offered the job because they couldn’t get hold of a true professional like yourself. The ad said “Bedroom Keyboard Warrior Wanted”, but I thought “What the hell” and just went for it.

Anybody who begins a statement by insisting that they don’t mean to cause offence, but then goes on to be doubly offensive is clearly venturing into troll territory. At least I have the guts to post under my own name and identity because I believe in a persons’ right to publicly defend him/herself.

Here’s an idea: You downloaded my Axe FX presets, so why don’t you add a further, third comparison featuring videos of yourself playing the solos? That way, you can show everyone here how much of an expert you are.

Oh, and for the record, Roger Waters was in Pink Floyd, NOT Brit Floyd. Just thought you might like to know.
I can't seem to concen....Oh look, a pigeon!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Proph, BuddyB, Pjenkins, Pete Griggs

Brit Floyd 2.0 BETTER THAN EVER 2 years 1 month ago #4917

• Nick
  • Thank you received: 53
Play nicely, children. Topic locked.
I don't know why, but there it is.
The following user(s) said Thank You: In the Airport Business, Proph, BuddyB, Paulie, Pete Griggs