Brit Floyd - The Pink Floyd Tribute Show - Discovery Tour 2014
Brit Floyd - The Pink Floyd Tribute Show - The World's Greatest Pink Floyd Show
Brit Floyd - The Pink Floyd Tribute Show - Discovery Tour 2014
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: El Monstero: St. Louis' amazing Pink Floyd tribute

El Monstero: St. Louis' amazing Pink Floyd tribute 4 years 2 months ago #3367

• Android
St. Louis has an amazing Pink Floyd tribute band called El Monstero. Unless you live in this region you've probably never heard of them because they don't tour much. All of them are members of various other St. Louis bands. They really only play twice a year in St. Louis and occasionally make a foray to some of the closer cities like Kansas City and Terre Haute. Their annual run of shows at The Pageant, a concert club that's voted best live music venue in the city every year, has become a St. Louis Christmas tradition. Starting the Friday before Christmas and running until the Saturday after they play seven sold out shows (cap. 1600) over eight nights taking only Christmas Eve off. This coming Saturday (July 20) they're playing their annual summer show at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater and I can hardly wait! It has a capacity of 20,000 and this local band will come very close to selling it out. I just checked Ticketmaster and there's less than 1,000 of the 7,000 seats left. Words can't do justice to how good this show is. Check out the video link below and the story from Riverfront Times that crunches the numbers on what it takes to stage a production like this. There's also a link in the story to a slide show of last Christmas' show, the first time I got to see them. My son liked it so much he's driving down from Indianapolis this weekend just to attend with me. If you're a Floyd Fanatic like me and live anywhere near the Gateway City I highly suggest you catch their show. You wont be disappointed.

http://www.elmonstero.com/videos/

www.riverfronttimes.com/2012-12-27/music/el-monstero-numbers-pageant-tickets/full/
Last Edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Android.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: El Monstero: St. Louis' amazing Pink Floyd tribute 4 years 1 month ago #3368

• Android
Another amazing concert from El Monstero! I'm already counting the days until the Christmas shows! An amusing side note. I went with an old friend I've known for over forty years. His girlfriend was quite skeptical about attending claiming that she didn't like Pink Floyd. Yet during the show I heard her say several times "I didn't know Pink Floyd did that song!" As we were leaving she admitted "I didn't know Pink Floyd had that many hits, I guess I do like them!" Anyways, here's a link to a slide show from the concert. Once again, if you're ever in the St. Louis area when these guys are playing by all means go! They're not just the best tribute band I've ever seen they're one of the best live bands I've seen in over forty years of concert attending!

http://www.kshe95.com/photopages/Photos.aspx?AlbumID=140986
Last Edit: 4 years 1 month ago by Android.
The administrator has disabled public write access.