Born in Ibiza, Angela started learning classic choir singing and piano. She currently works as a lead singer for several groups; radio presenter for Cadena Cien Ibiza and Formentera, and is part of two theatre companies.
In 1999 Angela joined the Aula de Música Moderna y Jazz of Barcelona,at "El Timbal" performing arts school, where she studied acting, dance and body structure. She was trained by Deborah J. Carter, Carme Canela, Raquel Lojendio, Ivana Kotov, Mireia Lara, Shamanka Phoenix, Emmanuel Djob, Frederick King ... and attended master classes given by: Pat Metheny, Perico Sambeat, Sheila Jordan, Deborah J. Carter, Jennifer Batten, Paul Farrington, Mike Mossman, Antonio Sánchez, Jerry Gonzalez, Bernardo Sasseti, Steve Rodby...
At the end of 2005 Angela moved to Madrid.
She was part of the cast for the show "Jazzing Flamenco" produced by the dance company Antonio Najarro. She has given several training courses on voice and diction at CES-school of arts and media (Madrid) - for students of dubbing and radio, as well as courses organized by ccoo.
In Madrid, Angela sings every Monday in jam sessions at Marula Cafée.
She is a backup singer for the Pink Floyd tribute band, "The Pink Tones", and now also with Brit Floyd.
Angela was a backup singer for Jorge Drexler on the album "Amar la Trama", as well as for Maria Toledo in her debut album.
She appears as guest artist on the following albums:
- "Mejor que el Silencio”, by Nach Dúo in the song "Si yo fuera” and backing vocals.
- ”Tango Mano a Mano”, by José Manuel Zapata duo in the song: "El día que me quieras”.
- "Ressonadors" - solo in "Sa Serena Cau Menuda".
- "La espiral Amarilla" by pianist Marta Sánchez, in the song "Ambrosía".
- "Medium" by the bass player Martín Leiton, in the song "Buenos Aires".
- "Tiempos de búsqueda" by sax player Iñaki Arakistain, "Funky For Grover".
- "The Streets of New Orleans", by Lord's Messengers- Gospel group of Barcelona.
- "The Miracle of Life" and "Remember" by the Cameroonian artist Emmanuel Djob.
For some music and more info, please check out my website, Angela Cervantes.