Brit Floyd - The Pink Floyd Tribute Show - The World's Greatest Pink Floyd Show
Brit Floyd - The Pink Floyd Tribute Show - Discovery Tour 2014
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: March 9th Set List in Detroit

March 9th Set List in Detroit 6 years 2 months ago #2678

• HUGE fan
  • Thank you received: 16
Intermission for 20 minutes after the Wall Set...

Speak To Me

Breathe (In the Air)

On the Run

Time/Breathe Reprise

The Great Gig in the Sky

(Pink Floyd cover)

Pigs On The Wing (Part One)

Dogs

Goodbye Blue Sky

Empty Spaces / What Shall We Do Now?

Young Lust

One Of My Turns

Don't Leave Me Now

Another Brick In the Wall Part III

(Pink Floyd cover)

The Last Few Bricks

Goodbye Cruel World

Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts I-V)

(Pink Floyd cover)

Welcome to the Machine

(Pink Floyd cover)

Take It Back

Coming Back To Life

Keep Talking

(Pink Floyd cover)

High Hopes

(Pink Floyd cover)

Wish You Were Here

(Pink Floyd cover)

One of These Days

(Pink Floyd cover)

The Happiest Days of Our Lives

(Pink Floyd cover)

Another Brick in the Wall Part 2

(Pink Floyd cover)

Comfortably Numb

(Pink Floyd cover)

Encore:
Run Like Hell

HUGE FAN Ken
The administrator has disabled public write access.

March 9th Set List in Detroit 6 years 2 months ago #2679

• Vogon
  • Thank you received: 14
And your verdict Ken ?
Dentrassi Hate Vogon's
Hagra biscuit! The greatest! You'll love these guys!

"A verbal contract is not worth the paper it's written on."

Re: March 9th Set List in Detroit 6 years 2 months ago #2682

• Swandancer
  • Thank you received: 13
Well, it looks like Ken just copied the setlist from the website "setlist.com," which provides setlists of various bands and then indicates which songs in the set are covers. I think that might be an automated feature of that particular website, like when you type in a song title that it recognizes as having been originally done by a different artist, it includes that cover distinction in the list. In the case of Brit Floyd, ALL of the songs are covers, hence that indication after almost every song.

Come on, El Bastardo, you were expecting Ken, of all people, to know and memorize the setlist on his own? ;-)
Last Edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Swandancer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: HUGE fan

Re: March 9th Set List in Detroit 6 years 2 months ago #2685

• Swandancer
The Detroit show was fantastic. Enthusiastic crowd and a nice theater. Definitely worth the drive up from Pittsburgh. Afterward, several of the band members greeted fans in the lobby and signed memorabilia for them. I asked Ian and Bobby if the setlist from the second night in Pittsburgh would be making a return appearance at some point during the tour, and let's just say the prognosis is positive...

One thing different about last night was that "Dogs" did not include the animated sequence from 'Animal Farm' during the ambient section, as it had in Pittsburgh. I wonder if this is some sort of copyright issue. Perhaps they only got permission to use the footage a certain number of times, or at certain venues? At any rate, they just had some blue digital animation going on during that part of the song, which was certainly cool in its own right.

Re: March 9th Set List in Detroit 6 years 2 months ago #2689

• Swandancer
It's probably just a time issue with "Lost For Words." I think they realize that most fans don't want to hear five songs in a row from Division Bell. Even though I do enjoy that album, I can understand why that's the one they shorted. Actually, at the first Pittsburgh show, some people booed and shouted nasty comments when the screen showed the guy pulling The Division Bell LP off the shelf. In contrast, people really cheered for that album in Detroit.

Oddly enough, the group of people sitting behind me complained during intermission that they didn't recognize any of the songs in the first set other than the DSOTM tracks. But then they told me how much they enjoyed Roger Water's The Wall tour last year! So wait... you saw Roger perform the wall, but you didn't recognize any of the songs from The Wall in the first set?!?! Wha...? (scratches head in bewilderment)

Well, as Mr. Morrison said, "People are strange..."

BTW, how did your daughter like the show?

Re: March 9th Set List in Detroit 6 years 2 months ago #2691

• HUGE fan
  • Thank you received: 16
:blush: :cheer:

I absolutly LOVED EVRY MINUTE of the SHOW.! Thank- to the band who played Echoes twice before the show! 7:00pm - 7:30pm and 7:30pm - 8:00 pm.

My Favs were Breathe and Dogs and anything off the 2011 Liverpool DVD. The Wall set wasn't great compared to the rest of the entire show.

The lighting enhanced the performance and I LOVED EVERY MIN
UTE of it! Special thanks to NICK VOGON ANDREW and Many others who Gave me excellent advice and support. I went from nearly selling my tickets to calling this show in the top 3 of all -time aprox 60 concerts of various groups.

Now that I have the first Brit show under my belt I can hopefully Pay it Forward as others have done for me. The band thanked Detroit for the sold out show.

I purchased 2 t's a CD and DVD to support the band. All 11 in my party were Awestruck.

Again thanks for everyone's support. And Dreams can come true. ECHOES 2x as House Pre-show Entertainment. Thanks to the band for that!

Ken