Brit Floyd - The Pink Floyd Tribute Show - Discovery Tour 2014
Brit Floyd - The Pink Floyd Tribute Show - The World's Greatest Pink Floyd Show
Brit Floyd - The Pink Floyd Tribute Show - Discovery Tour 2014
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Price of Tickets

Price of Tickets 4 years 10 months ago #3829

I knew the response I would attract when I first posted, and I can't find anything you have written in reply to argue with, yes they are the best tribute band around at the moment, I admire the way they went through the small venue theatres in the land sweeping up every Pink Floyd fan they could, they worked extremely hard getting their name out there, very clever marketing and truly deserve the fan base and praise they get, I saw the same thing done with the Bootleg Beatles, went to six of their gigs...faultless every time... then the prices started to go up, they started to loose fans to other Beatles tribute bands, some I too have seen and all very good, costumes instruments etc....lots of Eagles tributes about too..Talon and the Illegal Eagles to name but two of the best..I would hate to think BF loose out because of ticket prices..to say I fear for the future is just ridiculous , there are always going to be fantastic musicians out there to be seen and many of them in tribute bands..the emphasis is the word "tribute"...even BFs old keyboard player is now in another Pink Floyd tribute band I wonder how good they are?.These are just my opinions and to me they are valid, no need for anyone to get anal about it all....I understand the cost of putting a show on..I used to be a drummer in a band in a different life so I know what I am talking about... there just comes a point when hard working people on a limited income just wont be able to come to a show strictly because of the cost of the tickets..........see you in Basingstoke then...........(sigh!)........
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Price of Tickets 4 years 10 months ago #3830

• leafs264
  • Thank you received: 51
I'm still not sure why you feel the need to use the word "Tribute" as if its a dirty word, and that any band that isn't the orig artist can't possibly charge a fair price for tickets. And lets be serious for a minute here. The ticket prices are MORE than fair for the show that is put in front of you. As I, and many on here have said, BF could double the price and I would still consider it a fantasic deal.

Who cares whether it's a Tribute band or not. You are paying for the music and to be entertained. If the show was great and the music was top notch.......you get to go home a winner. But putting a limit on ticket prices because the band is "Tribute" is what's Ridiculous.

So yes, posts like yours are just one of the many reasons why I weep for the Future.

Price of Tickets 4 years 10 months ago #3833

I did not in any of my thoughts ever say there should be a cap on ticket prices, just that they could be more affordable to all, that after all is the remit of a copycat band, to allow fans of a band and their music to see live music at a more realistic cost, not to pay some obscene price to see a bunch of old wrinkly's zimmer frame across a stage and charge £500 for the privilege........and I certainly don't have a problem with the word tribute.........I see enough of them..... and as far as I am concerned there are far more reasons to weep for this world than a tribute bands ticket price......(shakes head, raises eyes upwards and tuts quite a lot).........

Price of Tickets 4 years 10 months ago #3835

• seamus
I have a simple rule of thumb when I see something I fancy, be it clothes , food, tickets to see my beloved Aston Villa or even tickets for gigs. If I think they are over priced I don't buy them.
The one thing I don't do is pay what I think is over the odds for the item then moan about it. ;)

Price of Tickets 4 years 9 months ago #3866

• SteveH
  • Thank you received: 3
seamus wrote:
I have a simple rule of thumb when I see something I fancy, be it clothes , food, tickets to see my beloved Aston Villa or even tickets for gigs. If I think they are over priced I don't buy them.
The one thing I don't do is pay what I think is over the odds for the item then moan about it. ;)

As a fellow Villan, as well as a big fan of Floyd, I agree with you. My earlier post was just stating what many other friends, who have seen the band, have told me. Not one other person would pay the prices quoted for the Birmingham show, even though they enjoyed seeing last year's show there. I decided to wait, as there were (and still are) plenty of tickets left, including 7 in the front 4 rows of the centre block, stalls. I will no doubt purchase one of the £29.50 tickets nearer the day and be Billy Nomates :) .

I've seen this with other great tribute bands, such as The Musical Box. I'm a bigger fan of Genesis, than Floyd and they are brilliant but their prices have put a lot of people off, such that they aren't even touring the UK this year. It's actually promoters who decide the prices and if they can sell enough tickets, they will charge higher and higher prices. Like RustySpade, my fear is that this will drive many of the UK potential audience away.

Finally, anyone who "weeps for the Future" over a civilised discussion over ticket prices needs to get a sense of perspective ;).

Price of Tickets 4 years 9 months ago #3867

• Nick
  • Thank you received: 53
Ticket prices reflect the cost of putting on a show. When people go to see Brit Floyd, they expect the full Floyd experience, and that costs money, far more than the shows put on by most "name" bands. The animations alone have years of development, the light show is huge, the sound quality is extraordinary. The programming that brings it all together is far more complex than most bands at any level. The bigger the show, the bigger the crew; it takes a full day to load in and build the set at each venue. It takes two trucks and two buses to move it all around. Nobody is getting rich working in this band. The prices are set to be as affordable as possible, but costs have to be covered and people have to be paid.
I don't know why, but there it is.
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Nick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ConfusedDave, In the Airport Business, HUGE fan, StephenInDenver, brossow