Brit Floyd - The Pink Floyd Tribute Show - The World's Greatest Pink Floyd Show
Brit Floyd - The Pink Floyd Tribute Show - Discovery Tour 2014
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: U.K. Tour

U.K. Tour 3 years 5 months ago #4989

• Trace
  • Thank you received: 8
I'm very jealous that you're going again Gnome! Have a great time, will look forward to seeing what the band have in store for you. :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gnome

U.K. Tour 3 years 5 months ago #4990

• martinc
Yes, a great show at the Symphony Hall. "On the Turning Away" and "The Final Cut" really stood out for me. I loved the ending, worked really well and Ian's performance throughout side 4 was excellent.

U.K. Tour 3 years 5 months ago #4994

• Vogon
  • Thank you received: 14
The Birmingham gig was indeed great.
I feel that there is little point in looking at a set list from a previous gig... just sit back and enjoy the suprise in store for your show..
We had a nice long encore as probably already been reported. If repeated, that will be atreat for future gigs

'The band was just fantastic, that is really what I think' oh by the way..... bring on Liverpool next week.

Vogon
Attachments:
Dentrassi Hate Vogon's
Hagra biscuit! The greatest! You'll love these guys!

"A verbal contract is not worth the paper it's written on."
The following user(s) said Thank You: BuddyB

U.K. Tour 3 years 5 months ago #4996

• NumbNumb
  • Thank you received: 1
:cheer: Can't wait to see the band in Liverpool this Sunday. Seen them at the echo several times before, but last year had to make do with Aussie Floyd at the venue, Brit Floyd very unkindly performed on the one weekend when I was already commited to a family do. Last date this year - apart from the strange one in the Lebanon so hopefully an end of term party and a few suprises. :woohoo:

U.K. Tour 3 years 5 months ago #5003

• clivegpugh
  • Thank you received: 2
Well last night we made the trip from Hertfodshire to the Apollo to see Brit Floyd for the fourth time in last four years . Bought tickets way back when and have been waiting and following their tour through the States and Europe. As expected they started dead on time but almost from the beginning I felt there was something missing or just not quite right. I cannot say I liked the Apollo, first time there and never again, or at least not for this type of show. It got better as it got going and the light show, now with lasers was tremendous as were the animations. Damien's guitar solos soared above the thundering bass riffs that were shaking the seats. All of this spoiled by never ending movement of people going to the bars for drinks with the inevitable consequence of same folk continuously heading for the toilets. Sorry but if folk go to a concert can they not minimise the drinking to the interval etc, in my opinion they'd have been better off just going to the pub. Indeed once the alcohol took effect there was now a bunch of raucous drunks competing with the sound system.

Last year at Wembley we were disappointed with the venue, seemed only half full and was cold to say the least, this year whilst it looked fairly full I think the show was too big for the venue both from the sound point of view, most of the lyrics were indistinguishable and to be honest at some points Ian could have been singing his shopping list and no one would have been any the wiser.! This show would have been much better at the RAH or even the O2, God knows this band has the talent and showmanship to fill those venues with the correct marketing ....they have surely amassed sufficient income to afford to advertising or similar why on earth they picked the Apollo is beyond me. Don't get me wrong it was thoroughly enjoyable but the venue does make all the difference. There were some issues I think during the sets...sure something went wrong during one of these days, I think it was sheep ended very abruptly and left stage in darkness, they may have been planned. Towards the end of Money, there was a strange new guitar solo I'd never heard before so can only assume was an improvisation on behalf of the band...in my opinion it didn't really sit well but hey it must get boring playing exactly the same things every night and you need a change. The wall section at the end was a great ending but confused folk who started leaving and then realised and had to rush back to their seats!!!! Anyway it would be interesting to see what other folk thought!!

U.K. Tour 3 years 5 months ago #5004

• Trace
  • Thank you received: 8
I know what you mean clivegpugh, we had quite a few bar/toilet goers at Birmingham. Lots of late comers too which must have really annoyed those that had to keep moving to let them through.

Didn't notice any particularly rowdy behaviour though, not like at Sheffield last year where one guy was thrown out quite early on for taking his shirt off and waving it around his head! :dry:
The following user(s) said Thank You: clivegpugh