Brit Floyd - The Pink Floyd Tribute Show - Discovery Tour 2014
Brit Floyd - The Pink Floyd Tribute Show - The World's Greatest Pink Floyd Show
Brit Floyd - The Pink Floyd Tribute Show - Discovery Tour 2014
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: echo arena show Liverpool 2015

echo arena show Liverpool 2015 3 years 2 months ago #5010

Well what can i say we travelled up from derby to see this show with my three kids and girlfriend what a show you just get better every year .nice to see sheep and on the turning away played . My kids loved the show keep it up guys and hope to see you next year thanks
Last Edit: 3 years 2 months ago by paulg_37.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

echo arena show Liverpool 2015 3 years 2 months ago #5011

• SteveH
  • Thank you received: 3
I "won" 4 free tickets, so was fortunate to see a repeat performance, one week after Symphony Hall. Same set, except for the swapping of Us and Them for Keep Talking. Rob Stringer was on keyboards, in place of Thomas and Great Gig was sung by the lady on the left (Emily?), instead of Angela. Really enjoyable show with some great performances, although the half empty Echo Arena lived up to its name, at times. Three quarters of both sides seating was covered with black curtains and half of the upper tiers were empty. Many of those in the upper area, like us, had won free tickets, which, in reality, was just a method of filling some of the empty seats (you just sent your email address to the venue's website and it seems that everyone won!). Just a shame that a sizeable minority of the winners seemed more interested in visits to and from the bar/toilets and were disturbing so many people that security staff had to try to quieten them down a little. Most of them got up and left as Side 4 of The Wall started (even though Damian had told people that it would be played).

I'm very grateful to be able to take my family to see the show but it brings me back to comments made by many friends, who have all stopped seeing both Brit Floyd and Aussie Floyd. For many people, in various areas, prices are simply too expensive. At £40 & £30, plus fees, it would have cost a family of 4, £150-£200 minimum. Whilst there is a growing hard core of fans who are prepared to pay these prices; it's a bit like football matches nowadays, where the traditional fanbase has been mostly replaced by people who are wealthy enough to pay the prices. I know that it's a business and that supply and demand rules but the "Echo Two" layout holds 4,000 seats and without the freebies, I doubt if it would have been one quarter full. Perhaps some tickets should be priced at £10-£20 in the Upper Tiers, as B'ham also had a couple of hundred seats unsold in the highest tier?
The administrator has disabled public write access.