Brit Floyd - The Pink Floyd Tribute Show - Discovery Tour 2014
Brit Floyd - The Pink Floyd Tribute Show - The World's Greatest Pink Floyd Show
Brit Floyd - The Pink Floyd Tribute Show - Discovery Tour 2014
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Pinked Floyd

Pinked Floyd 7 years 10 months ago #3873

• jason1
Went to see these guys at a festival in Manchester called Festwich. They were on a smallish stage and had limited lights but I have to say musically they were incredible. Iv'e seen lots of Floyd tribute bands over the past 20 years and they usually play the live versions of the tunes and add in their own little changes here and there. This was a bit different. They played the tracks all exactly note for note from the albums. Every nuance was included and the sounds were about as close as you can get. Judging by the lack of lighting and effects I doubt they will ever get to a really high level but I will be looking out for them again. Some of it made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Pinked Floyd 7 years 7 months ago #3958

Hi There
Not quite sure if we saw the same Pinked Floyd, (or there are two).
Seen the band twice , admittedly the first time was their first gig so allowances had to be made but generally I was surprised how little they sounded like the Floyd and were poor up against the mainstream PF tribute bands. Biggest issue was the lead singer who can obviously sing but comes over as a cabaret act doing his version of Floyd tunes. A comment also based on the harsh un-Gilmoreish sound of his voice albeit in tune. Bingo at half time would have been appropriate.
I have recently noticed that the website has expired and no longer viewable....mmm doesn't bode well for a band with so many nuances!!! lol.

Pinked Floyd 7 years 7 months ago #3964

• Proph
  • Life is the bit in between
  • Thank you received: 83
Surrogate band wrote:
I have recently noticed that the website has expired and no longer viewable....

So far as I can tell, the site is very much up and running, along with the band's facebook page. Of interest, is a "like" by one J Williams :).

www.pinked-floyd.co.uk
www.facebook.com/therealpinkedfloyd

I've not seen the band live and the available vids make it difficult to judge the quality(ies) of the band. With that in mind, first impressions are "...seen/heard worse, but seen/heard better too...".
"If the bastards get you down, take them with you".

Pinked Floyd 7 years 7 months ago #4029

Hi,

As a member of Pinked Floyd I'm happy to announce we are alive and kicking after a little split that Roger and Dave would have been proud of. A new lead guitarist and bassist are in place and our comeback gig is booked for 19th December 2014.

We welcome all criticism as it can only improve our performances, although the words of "Surrogate Band" do seem very similar to those of an ex-band member! Our ethos for the band is creating a vibrant & enthusiastic performance of this wonderful music which seems to go down very well with the vast majority of audiences we have entertained. There are many ways to present the show and this is how we distinguish ourselves from the many excellent existing Pink Floyd tribute bands on the circuit.

Keep an eye out for us in the future and if anyone is in the Saddleworth area on 19th December please check us out!

www.pinked-floyd.co.uk
www.facebook.com/therealpinkedfloyd

Pinked Floyd 7 years 7 months ago #4034

• Proph
  • Life is the bit in between
  • Thank you received: 83
CrazyDiamond, I'm not sure the role of a tribute band is to go so far as to reflect the Roger / David thing :) .

Let me guess... musical differences? :P
"If the bastards get you down, take them with you".