Brit Floyd - The Pink Floyd Tribute Show - Discovery Tour 2014
Brit Floyd - The Pink Floyd Tribute Show - The World's Greatest Pink Floyd Show
Brit Floyd - The Pink Floyd Tribute Show - Discovery Tour 2014
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Gov't Mule - Dark Side of the Mule

Gov't Mule - Dark Side of the Mule 7 years 1 month ago #4682

Gov't Mule is not a Pink tribute band, but this one album puts an interesting twist on some of their best tunes. Worth a listen! B)
The British are coming!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Gov't Mule - Dark Side of the Mule 7 years 1 month ago #4693

• Joe_D
  • Thank you received: 23
I got a copy of Dark Side of the Mule about 2 months ago, and I was pleasantly surprised. It is a concert that Govt. Mule did on Halloween in 2008.While they are not a PF tribute band, they did a hell of a job for a one time gig. The lead guitarists is Warren Haynes and he played with the Allman Brothers for 25 years. Haynes makes little attempt to mimic Gilmour in his playing style, but his interpretation of the songs is very enjoyable.

The only negative, or odd thing with the Dark Side of the Mule album is the scream in Comfortably Numb. It almost sounds as if they pulled 5 or 6 people out of the audience and stuck ice picks in their butts at the same time without the people knowing what was coming. It has got to go down as one of the worst screams in the history of Comfortably Numb. I believe Dark Side of the Mule is on youtube and it is definitely worth a listen.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: StephenInDenver