Brit Floyd - The Pink Floyd Tribute Show - Discovery Tour 2014
Brit Floyd - The Pink Floyd Tribute Show - The World's Greatest Pink Floyd Show
Brit Floyd - The Pink Floyd Tribute Show - Discovery Tour 2014
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Yes

Yes 8 years 9 months ago #1305

Hi I'm new to the forum I live in North Wales(well someone has to) I've always been a prog rock fan never saw Floyd to my lasting regret but did see Yes and Genesis in their glory years (early to mid seventies)My main question is are there any good Yes tribute bands around as good as Brit Floyd?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Yes 8 years 9 months ago #1307

• Vogon
  • Thank you received: 14
Probably with Rick gone and his son playing keyboards, and Jon gone....... the band 'Yes', is a pretty good tribute band now.

I have seen Yes in may line-ups from the Relayer tour at Stoke City football ground through to 'in the Round' at the Birmingham arena, all brilliant concerts.

From Alan on drums to Bill behind the kit. Patric Moraz to Rick on the ivories. I never saw the 'Yuggles' though. I don't however fancy them in their current format.

I have also seen Rick on his own for his 50th birthday 'Church tour' and Rick and Jon together a few times.... and Rick ranting about being ripped off, and this being his final tour ever..... I have seen that a good few years on the run too.

Comments? (I do love Yes though)

Vogon
Dentrassi Hate Vogon's
Hagra biscuit! The greatest! You'll love these guys!

"A verbal contract is not worth the paper it's written on."
Last Edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Vogon.

Re: Yes 8 years 9 months ago #1309

• Nick
  • Thank you received: 53
Oliver Wakeman got the boot, Geoff Downes is on keys now. They are dire. Steve Howe riffs all over the place, Chris's harmonies are horrible and Alan White just can't be arsed. I haven't seen them since Geoff Downes came in, but he has to be an improvement on Oliver Wakeman. Benoit David is probably the best of them, but he isn't Jon. A sad end to a majestic band.
I don't know why, but there it is.

Re: Yes 8 years 9 months ago #1310

• Proph
  • Life is the bit in between
  • Thank you received: 83
There has to be more than a hint of irony that Benoit David was previously in a Yes tribute band before being "invited" into the "official" Yes fold :). Does that make him the 94th member of the band?

For some reason I have never been able to get into Yes in any of its various incarnations. Only one Yes album has had any sort of regular play - "Going For The One". Awaken is far and away my favourite yes track despite the fact I have never managed to fully grasp the lyrics (may be it's one of those that's best left unravelled!). The rest of the Yes albums I have are, well, gathering dust...

A google search will reveal a few Yes tributes but I have no idea of the quality:

SeYes: www.seyes.co.uk/ (YouTube clips on site)

Fragile: www.yestribute.com/ (YouTube clips on site)

Mainly US bands in this forum: www.yesfans.com/showthread.php?52394-Yes-tribute-bands
"If the bastards get you down, take them with you".