Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The Classic Rock Show @ the Jolly Tar - 2012

The Classic Rock Show @ the Jolly Tar - 2012 8 years 6 days ago #2123

• Vogon
  • Thank you received: 14
Q, How many men can you get in a Mini ? A, 10
Q, How many musicians can you get on a tiny stage ? A, 11

What a fantastic evening. A sold out venue, a packed out room, a tremendously apreciative audience and a stage (and surrounding areas) full of talented people.

I took a few sections of video to 'Snap' a few photos from, as I did not expect my camera to stop humming with the volume of the PA. After only a couple of hours sleep though and on first hearing I am pleasantly supprised. I will have to do a days work an when I get home spend a few moments editing to post here later.

Back to tightness on stage.... When bobby lubed up his strings, it involved Emily, and when Damian wanted his Bass tuning, Howie G did it for him. Pictures and maybe videos will tell all later.

Met some nice folk there too last night....
We met Jamie, the youngest Brit Floyd fan ever to be allowed over the watershed (Sporting a BF Tee shirt, a BF program, DVD and a full set of meet and greets with the band) and even folk from Derby that we kinda knew.

I think that some of the locals were supprised at the scale of the band too, having only seen the Acoustic Unlimited version of the this family on stage. Loads of praise was heard being passed on from the music lovers to members of the band afterwards.

Have a good gig tonight at Kilworth chaps. Lets hope the rain stops for you.
Dentrassi Hate Vogon's
Hagra biscuit! The greatest! You'll love these guys!

"A verbal contract is not worth the paper it's written on."
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Vogon.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: The Classic Rock Show @ the Jolly Tar 8 years 6 days ago #2124

Thought the size of our local venue would be an issue, but as Vogon says, they managed to get 11 on the very tiny stage and pack in loads of fans without it being a squash. The music was full on from the start and they did 20 songs in total, so was well worth the ticket price.

I can confirm that last night was fantastic and the youngest fan was my boy! He thoroughly enjoyed himself, even though it is hard to tell with 10 year olds sometimes. He loved meeting the band, both before and after, as he is the biggest BF fan and was really made up when he was given guitar pics at the end. He started off at the back behind the mixing desk with Gareth (much appreciated) for the first half, but he was right down at the front rocking for the second half. On the way home asked him which song was his favourite and he said (not surprisingly) Comfortably Numb and Black Dog. Thought he might have just liked the title of that one, but then he started humming the tune!

So glad we went. Met lots of lovely people from all over, which goes to show how good the band are if people are prepared to travel for a warm up gig. We'd even managed to get some people from work to go.

Hope tonight goes well off the back of the warm up. Oh and if ever BF need to do a warm up, dont forget The Jolly Tar, but don't tell everyone as we will never get a ticket!
alijamiemuse ;)

The Classic Rock Show @ the Jolly Tar 8 years 5 days ago #2127

• Vogon

Here you go... a couple of videos of last nights 'Intimate' warm up gig at the Jolly Tar.

The automatic volume on the camera was caught out a few times, but stay with it. It was a little loud in there...

The long shots taken from standing on a window cill above the local crowd, but the ones from the left of the stage are literally leaning against the PA - That should'nt have come out at all. My left ear dribbled with blood a little, but the camera mic survived !
Dentrassi Hate Vogon's

Last Edit: 8 years 5 days ago by Vogon.

The Classic Rock Show @ the Jolly Tar 8 years 5 days ago #2128

• Vogon
Three more videos of the 'warm up' gig

This was so intimate, there was only ten members of the audience to every member of the bamd. A sell out for the venues fire regulation limit.

The videos are all a little red because of the limited lighting in the room. There was one random explosion of lighting effects... I think Howie tripped over the table lamp switch, and a couple of cigerette lighters sprung into life at one point too.
Dentrassi Hate Vogon's

Last Edit: 8 years 5 days ago by Vogon.

The Classic Rock Show @ the Jolly Tar - New Video 7 years 11 months ago #2135

• Vogon
Well, I am sure that you won't have seen anything quite like this on this forum before.

I thought that I was the only person daft enough to hold a video camera all night in a crowded pub of rock revellers.

I have just been sent this link by Jamie's mum. She asked me to post a link on here for any Classic Rock fan that is not yet sure about seeing the CRS band live. Jamie was the smallest and youngest fan on the night, sporting a Brit Floyd Tee shirt on the desk with Gareth for the first set, and on the front row next to the stage for the second set.. See if you recognise yourself in the audience of this new video...

That reminds me, Jamie never did cough up for that last round.... I am a 'Ribena on the rocks' down.

I hear that Jamie's next project is 'Stairway to Heaven' using highland cows and Buffalo or two.

Dentrassi Hate Vogon's

Last Edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Vogon.

Re: The Classic Rock Show @ the Jolly Tar 7 years 11 months ago #2136

I love Ribena! Can't get it here in the U.S., but it's one of my must haves when travelling to the UK: Ribena with lemonade.