Brit Floyd - The Pink Floyd Tribute Show - Discovery Tour 2014
Brit Floyd - The Pink Floyd Tribute Show - The World's Greatest Pink Floyd Show
Brit Floyd - The Pink Floyd Tribute Show - Discovery Tour 2014
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Mama - Genesis Tribute Band

Mama - Genesis Tribute Band 7 years 1 month ago #3362

Hi all!

Just found this forum. I didn't realise the Brits even had one. Doh!

Anyway, I thought I'd just do a quick introduction and be up front and all that. I'm Andrew - I'm big on Genesis, Floyd, Yes, Marillion and Dave Matthews Band.

I've seen the Brits three times I think and of course the Aussies several times. Both are excellent. I'm also a musician (drummer), a sound engineer and a pro videographer. I've also done a bit of promotion work, putting on shows featuring prog related tributes and I am very much involved in Mama, the UK's all era Genesis tribute band. If you want to know more about them, just have a look over our website.

Anyway, my real reason for posting here was because one of the band members in Mama drew my attention to the discussions about other tribute bands - both Floyd and none Floyd. In particular, ReGenesis and StillMarillion. I've seen both of these bands before and they're very good. I actually hired StillMarillion for a show on Easter Saturday just gone (30th March 2013). I also had Manc Floyd at the same gig and of course Mama, my own band. One Of These Days I'm going to have to actually put the video clips together from this gig and post them. :)

So, that's it for now. If you're at a Mama gig, please do say hello. I'll be hiding behind the sound desk. :) I'm off now to read some more posts on this here forum.
Last Edit: 7 years 1 month ago by MajorGenesisFan. Reason: Fixed spelling - I'm weird like that!
The administrator has disabled public write access.