Brit Floyd - The Pink Floyd Tribute Show - The World's Greatest Pink Floyd Show
Brit Floyd - The Pink Floyd Tribute Show - Discovery Tour 2014
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The Classic Rock Show - 2014 Tour

The Classic Rock Show - 2014 Tour 6 years 5 months ago #3544

• Vogon
  • Thank you received: 14
I am supprised that noboby has posted on this Forum about the recent series of CRS gigs.

Usually, loyal Brit Floyd fans flock to these gigs and post about their experience here! Didn't anyone go along to one or two ?

I know that our money is tight these days, but I think that all of the tickets started at £22.50 - Must be a bargain to see a 2 1/2 hours jukebox of live classic rock tracks, from a group of talented local lads and lass's. (There are so many in the band, there must be at least one of them that is local to you)

Anyone then ?

Vogon
Dentrassi Hate Vogon's
Hagra biscuit! The greatest! You'll love these guys!

"A verbal contract is not worth the paper it's written on."
Last Edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Vogon.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The Classic Rock Show - 2014 Tour 6 years 5 months ago #3549

• SteveH
  • Thank you received: 3
I really enjoy the Brit Floyd shows and have seen 2-3 each tour but The Classic Rock Show is not for me. However good the musicians are, it is just a "greatest hits" concert. Real fans of the bands will prefer tributes to them, that play more of their songs, including album tracks and rarities. Many people that I've spoken with, at tribute band gigs, feel the same way.

One thing that does frustrate me about Brit Floyd shows is the predictability of so much of the setlists (e.g. every single concert that I've seen ends with Comfy and Run). I'd prefer to hear some of the lesser known songs, such as when I recently saw Think Floyd....no visuals but they played superbly and did Green is the Colour and Burning Bridges, then See Emily Play as an encore. They went down really well!

However, each to their own and I wish the Brit Floyd guys every success in whatever they choose to do.

The Classic Rock Show - 2014 Tour 5 years 11 months ago #3876

• john53
I agree with the question poser on this. I have seen Brit Floyd several times now plus Aussie Floyd and a great local (Midlands) band called Dark Side of the Wall but still enjoy going to see the Classic Rock Show because they still play tracks from bands that either don't have a tribute or ones that I have not seen around. They are fantastic singers and musicians and with two main leads they can cover a wide spectrum.

The Classic Rock Show - 2014 Tour 5 years 10 months ago #3892

We agree....we love the CRS...part of our Winter fix...we always see Brit Floyd once or twice in Nov and Dec..(.this yr we have tickets for Llandudno and Liverpool.) then make sure we see the guys again in their Classic Rock guise. The CRS for anyone who hasn't been is 10 bands for the price of one and guaranteed to get you singing and shouting. Hope tour dates released soon ...please?
alijamiemuse ;)