Brit Floyd - The Pink Floyd Tribute Show - Discovery Tour 2014
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: It's Classic Rock time again

It's Classic Rock time again 5 years 9 months ago #3928

• Nick
  • Thank you received: 53
2015 UK Classic Rock Show dates have been announced today. Details at www.theclassicrockshow.com/

I don't know why, but there it is.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

It's Classic Rock time again 5 years 9 months ago #3932

Bring em to this side of the pond. We like classic rock too! B)
The British are coming!
Last Edit: 5 years 7 months ago by StephenInDenver.

It's Classic Rock time again 5 years 9 months ago #3978

• meggeth
Any warm gigs this time around? Really like the intimacy of them!!!

Caught the last one at The Studio in Nantwich - fantastic!!!

It's Classic Rock time again 5 years 6 months ago #4211

• Mike
Just home from the Classic Rock Show at Tunbridge Wells. An excellent, good value for money evening in line with the previous 3 or 4 occasions that I've seen this show.

Gareth gave me his set list so here goes;

Whole Lotta Love
Life In The Fast Lane
Money
Pinball Wizard
Logical Song
Walk This Way
Back In Black
Telegraph Road
La Grange
Live And Let Die
Money For Nothing
Rosanna
One Vision
Hotel Californa
Beat It
Bat Out Of Hell
More Than A Feeling
Layla
Sweet Child O Mine
Free Bird
With A little Help From My Friends
Won't Get Fooled Again

2 or 3 surprise choices in my opinion for what is billed as the top 20 guitar riffs of all time, but I guess it's a subjective topic. Also very surprised at the encores. Using the old adage of one always 'builds up to the big finish', I can't put With A Little Help and Won't Get Fooled above Layla, Sweet Child and Free Bird to finish with. The only exception to finishing with the latter 3 songs would be Comfortably Numb - but as I say, it's all subjective and just my opinion.

What is indisputable however is the quality of the show. Only Carl, Emily and Howie G were still present from when I saw last years tour. No Brit Floyd musicians, although Gareth was sound engineer as usual. Damian was seen loitering around the sound desk like a mother hen checking her brood - quality assurance duties I imagine :) He need not have any concerns, the new personnel put on a great evenings entertainment and it was patently obvious that they were enjoying themselves. He [Damian] may have picked on some glitches, but I, as a punter, certainly didn't.

As with last year at Tunbridge Wells, bums on seats appeared disappointingly low. It's a shame because the band deserve to be better supported. It's a good show and I would recommend it to anyone.
Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Mike.

It's Classic Rock time again 5 years 6 months ago #4213

• ConfusedDave
  • Thank you received: 18
I went to the first night show in Milton Keynes. Same set list and thoroughly enjoyed it. Was a sell out too.

I actually thought the encores worked pretty well - The problem with doing Free Bird as the encore is that neither of the main singers were on stage for it, whereas you can get away with that for a final track in the main set.

I was expecting Comfortably Numb in there somewhere as well, but it wouldn't have fitted quite so well with the riff theme that had been running through the show. It's always slightly disappointing when it's not the full Brit Floyd experience as well (Same with Money, it's just not quite the same.)

Highlight for me was Telegraph Road, which Howie G absolutely nailed. Should have ended the first set with it in my opinion, but that might just be cos I love Dire Straits :-) Beat It also fitted surprisingly well into the set, and I haven't been able to get it out of my head since.
Last Edit: 5 years 6 months ago by ConfusedDave.

It's Classic Rock time again 5 years 5 months ago #4285

• Trace
  • Thank you received: 8
I was at last night's Liverpool gig. Fantastic as ever!

Noticed the gig was being filmed so hopefully we'll get a DVD soon.
  • Page: